Before you start, please read...
What do you need?
To help BizWorth estimate the fair market value of a business, you will need the following:
- A basic understanding of the business; lease, staffing, structure, processes
- 2 Years of Financial Accounts, either P&Ls or special purpose sale accounts
- The estimated value of Plant & Equipment that will be included in the sale
- An estimate of current Stock Value (value is at cost)
- 10 minutes of your time
Who should not use this calculator?
BizWorth, at this stage, is not for every user or business circumstance, answer the following and see:
- Has the business been in operation for less than two years?
- Is the business losing money or not yet producing revenue?
- Does the business have yearly revenue over $3M, or Net Profit higher than $1M?
- Are you looking to appraise only a portion of the business (i.e., a division, or a product line)?
- Is real estate bundled within and owned by the business? (BUT, if the business is paying fair market rent then do not answer yes to this question)
- Are there more than two owners working in the business?
If you answered "yes" to any of the above questions, the BizWorth Calculator is not recommended for you.
However, we can still help to appraise your business - just contact us.